Last Minute Gifts: Bourbon Experiences
All photos by Maggie Kimberl.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve reached the point in my life where I don’t need any more stuff. I’d rather be going out and doing things and racking up the memories instead. When bourbon is your first love, you probably don’t need yet another bottle, and what are the chances you will be able to get something new and different anyway? But since it’s the season for gift giving, it’s time to get creative and consider giving the bourbon lover in your life an experience gift instead. Here are some of the coolest ones I have found:
- Bourbon Country Institute – This class taught by Bourbon Historian Michael Veach is held 1-2 times a year in Louisville and elsewhere as scheduled. The day-long class focuses on how bourbon history shaped Kentucky and how Kentucky shaped bourbon history. Stay tuned for Winter 2018 class announcement!
- Kentucky Derby Museum Legends Series – Soon the 2018 Legends Series roster will be announced, and you’ll want to be first in line to buy tickets to all the events of 2018!
- Woodford Reserve Dinner Series – If you like farm to table meals eaten with the Master Distiller which are followed by a late night distillery tour, look no further. They even have a New Year’s Eve shindig planned this year!
- Legendary Craftsmen Dinner Series at Buffalo Trace – Whether your favorite Bourbon Legend is W.L. Weller, or E.H. Taylor or you’re just into Sazerac and Dickie Brennan’s cooking, Buffalo Trace has you covered! Happening in January.
- Cocktail & Craft Class at Angel’s Envy Distillery – Do you want to punch up your cocktail game? Learn about craft cocktails in one of the most beautiful new distilleries in Louisville today!
- Tickets To A Bourbon Festival - Tickets to The New Orleans Bourbon Festival or the Bourbon Classic in Louisville are always a big hit!
- Behind The Scenes Tour at Castle & Key – Do you want to be the first among your friends to see this Bourbon Phoenix rising from the ashes? Get in before tours officially open to the public!
- Aroma Academy at Moonshine University – Do you ever wonder where people get those strange aromas like toffee and butterscotch in bourbon? Wonder no more! Anyone can train their senses to pick up the subtle nuances of America’s Native Spirit!
- Jim Beam American Stillhouse - Fantastic events from cocktail classes to distillery tours and other worthwhile educational seminars happen throughout the year.
Did we miss any cool Bourbon Experiences? Leave a comment below to let us know.