Wearing Your Love of Bourbon
People are doing a lot of different thing with bourbon barrels these days. While some people think it is getting to be too much, I say go for it - I love all the creative ways people have found to combine their love of bourbon with other interests. One such area that is really starting to come into its own is bourbon fashion. There’s a certain look you go for when you attend a bourbon event that I like to refer to as “bourbon chic,” and this look is starting to include a lot bourbon-y accessories. One such bourbon-inspired piece is the latest collaboration between Bulleit Frontier Whiskey and Noble Denim- a bourbon barrel aged denim jacket.
I was provided with a jacket for review. Ordinarily I don’t review clothing, but I found this idea intriguing and I had to see what it was all about. The collar is made of a corduroy fabric that has been aged in a bourbon barrel with natural walnut dye, but that’s not the only bourbon-y feature. The buttons are coppertone stamped with the mark of collaboration - two hands shaking, one says “OH” and one says “KY” with “Bulleit” at the top and “Noble” at the bottom. There’s also an inside pocket that perfectly fits a 200 ml bottle of bourbon.
Everything about this jacket just oozes cool. It’s made in the USA, too, which is not always super easy to find when you’re looking at clothing. Noble Denim made waves two years ago when they released bourbon barrel aged jeans, another collaboration with Bulleit. The idea to combine bourbon and fashion is certainly not a new one, but this is a unique spin. You could certainly go buy a plain jean jacket and it would get the job done, but the details on this jacket are simply delightful. This is also the most well-made article of denim I have seen since my vintage Levis from the 1960s. The stitching is like a work of art. This jacket is made to last and it retails at $285.
As long as you’re going to be wearing your love of bourbon on your sleeve, you may as well invest in a whole bourbon-inspired collection. Some other ways to wear your love of bourbon for all the world to see include:
- This stylish needlepoint belt from Pappy & Co emblazoned with Pappy Van Winkle’s “But Always Fine Bourbon” quote and bottle detail (hey, it's easier than finding an actual bottle!) $165
- These bourbon socks from Bourbon Outfitters will keep your feet toasty warm while showing your bourbon spirit $15
- Nothing says “I love Kentucky Bourbon” quite like wearing these earrings from The Kentucky Shop made from used Kentucky bourbon barrels $30
- Check out this “USA Bourbon Drinking Team” baseball tee from Kentucky for Kentucky $30
- Commemorate your love of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail with this bourbon bottle tie $49.95
- These bourbon barrel cufflinks from Bourbon & Boots will help you wear your love of bourbon on your sleeve $85
- This limited edition Goorin Brothers hat is modeled after the iconic I.W. Harper advertising of the 1960s $160
Love bourbon but don't necessarily want to wear it? How about donating to a bourbon charity? Maker’s Mark is on the road again for its 2nd annual charitable mobile holiday tour in partnership with Share Our Strength, a non-profit organization that fights against hunger and poverty. The Maker’s Mark #ShareDelicious bake sale truck will give fans in six U.S. cities a chance to enjoy a tasty treat with local themes in exchange for a suggested donation to help those in need.
The tour kicked off on November 27 in their home state of Kentucky will be traveling through December 20, making stops in Cincinnati, Columbus, Philadelphia, NYC and Chicago. The full truck route with stops can be viewed via the Maker’s Mark #ShareDelicious tour page here.